The ultimate goal of a comprehensive training program in Formational Prayer is student competence and success. The program's design, delivery, and content ae dedicated to enhancing the ability of all students. Our goal is that students will fully utilize the educational and training opportunities available to them through the Healing Place.
The Training and Practicum Program will work in tandem with the certificate program and is delivered through direct and indirect services designed to address three aspects of development: the individual student's on-going spiritual formation; proficiency in the healing care ministry model and formational prayer; and continued development and application of this model to the many situations practitioners will address in their ministry of healing care and counseling.
This comprehensive training is integral to the development of applications and practices that can effect positive changes and growth in both care-giver and care-receiver. Senior care-givers and formational counseling professional plan the training program and facilitate its delivery in collaboration with Healing Place's administrators. To provide the best and most comprehensive training, The Healing Place will work collaboratively with other professionals as service providers to insure the highest degree of training and experience possible for program participants.
Requirements for the Certificate in Formational Prayer:
Upon acceptance into the Certificate Program participants must meet the following requirements for completion:
· Attendance and completion of the Journey to Whoelness Formational Prayer Seminar at the Healing Place, Mechanicsville, Virginia.
· Attendance and completion of the Formational Prayer Advanced Seminar at the Healing Place, Mechanicsville, Virginia.
· Attendance and completion of two (2) One Day Seminars sponsored by the Healing Place.
· Participate in a Sixteen week Small Group
· Serve as an assistant facilitator for a Sixteen Week Small Group
· Serve as a facilitator of a Sixteen Week Small Group
· Complete level Three Training (companioning in the on-going healing journey using principles of spiritual direction and processing your MBTI to facilitate your own ongoing healing and spiritual journey)
· Enter into an Accountability covenant with a team member for spiritual direction and support.
· Read the seven (7) required books from the designated reading list.
· Write a reflection paper on three of the assigned books, following the guidelines for writing a reflection paper.
· Write a reflection paper on your experience in the basic, and advanced seminars following the guidelines for writing a reflection paper.
· Write a reflection paper on your experience in the Sixteen week small group and as a facilitator of a Sixteen week small group.
· In response to participation in the Healing Care Retreat write a "Faith Narrative" that details how this experience has impacted you personally, your relationship with Christ, and how it has equipped you to better minister to and serve others.
· Pay program fee cost
For complete details on the application process for the Certificate Program, please see the Certificate Program Training and Practicum Overview.